38 Industrial Park Drive Amherst, NS B4H 4R5
Are you looking for a fast-paced, physically challenging new job opportunity in a dynamic company where performance and quality skills are rewarded?
Do you want to be part of a prosperous, stable, growing and value-driven company, that offers competitive, and flexible benefits? Gordon Food Service, a leader in foodservice distribution, could be the place for your career in warehousing/distribution. After one year, as a Warehouse employee you can earn a base salary of $18.31/hour. There is also the opportunity to earn an additional monthly incentive based on production, accuracy, safety and attendance. Take a look at these videos to learn more about who we are and what we do!
Warehouse Night Order Selector: Amherst, Nova Scotia
Shift: Sunday to Thursday - 3:30 pm until the workload is complete.
Summary: Individuals are responsible for quickly and accurately selecting and scanning food products from all warehouse zones (grocery, cooler and frozen). During selection, the product must be correctly built onto a pallet and prepared for shipping according to customer demands.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lifting, loading and stacking food service products (up to 60 lbs) onto pallets
- Safely and efficiently navigating the warehouse using a power pallet jack
- Accurately scanning and selecting product using a computerized inventory system
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations, and Food Safety programs
- Adhering to all Organizational policies, procedures, and Cornerstone Values
- Additional loading, shipping and/or stocking duties
- All other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be physically fit and able to safely and repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items
- Must be able to work quickly and maintain a high level of energy throughout the shift
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to work in multiple temperature zones including cooler (0oC to 4oC) and freezer (-20oC to -30oC) environments
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times in the warehouse
*Starting hourly rate is $15.00/hr. Opportunity to earn additional monthly incentive based on production, accuracy, safety and attendance.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.