Talent Sourcing Specialist
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton Milton, ON L9T 5G4
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong and stable company? Do you want the opportunity for excellence and advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you.
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family business has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
We are seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service. Take a look at this video to learn more about who we are and what we do!
The Talent Acquisition Sourcer role is a professional role responsible for combining consultative, technical, influencing and advocacy skills to find and attract top active, passive and diverse talent, with a specific focus on hard to fill and high turnover roles. Develops strong collaboration with Talent Acquisition Specialists, Divisional stakeholders, and HR Business Partners to develop sourcing strategies, create target lists of companies, candidates, prospects, and leads for current and future openings.
Critical Vacancy Support:
- Works for Talent Acquisition Specialist and Hiring Manager to understand candidate qualifications and search parameters for key positions
- Develops strategy for ‘difficult to recruit’ positions and geographic locations.
- Sources passive and active candidates using advanced techniques through various tools, including databases, web searching, and networking
- Partners with Talent Acquisition Specialist to facilitate campaigns in traditional and social media channels
- Acts as a liaison with third party resources
- Contacts and screens passive and active candidates for consideration of open and future positions
- Researches market conditions to influence search tactics and stakeholder communication
- Evaluates competitor organizations to better understand size & structure (industry titles, regional footprint, salary benchmarking, progression path, industry focus and compatible teams/functions) and to identify opportunities for more targeted name generation, future prospecting & pipelining
- Proactively builds pipelines of passive candidates for hard to fill roles through data mining/lead generation
- Actively seeks networking opportunities and builds influential partnerships that expand and diversify our talent pools, including schools, diversity groups, and community resources to assist with high turnover roles
- Builds relationships with assigned sourcing channels at a national level (e.g. Military, Diversity Organizations, College Campuses, etc.) , and serves as a SME to local HR teams to identify and establish local relationships
- Identifies relevant recruiting events and recommends parameters for participation. Ensures participation is aligned to corporate standards
- Uses CRM tool to maintain and segment lists and engage the pipeline(s) with periodic communication and/or campaigns
- Leads project-related requests for large workforce challenges, including new facilities or functional teams; evaluates recruitment conditions, hiring trends and overall market intelligence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Human Resources, Business or related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in talent sourcing (headhunting, executive recruitiing)
- Experience with both professional and high volume recruitment is preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Business Acumen - Business Savvy, Influence
- Collaboration - Team Orientation, Networking
- Communication - Clarity of Communication, Listening & Attending
- Customer Engagement - Customer Relations & Sales
- Flexibility - Adapting to Change, Resilience
- Innovation - Knowledge Management, Creative Thinking Style, Driving Innovation
- Results Focus - Drive for Results
- Self Management - Time Management, Meeting Management, Organization & Attention to Detail
- Talent Management - Cultural Awareness, Selecting & Deploying Talent
- Technical Expertise - Applying Technical Expertise, Analytical Thinking
- Understanding of employment branding and candidate communication
- Understanding of both traditional and digital media platforms
Equipment / Tools / Technology:
- Microsoft Office programs, Google
- Applicant Tracking software
- Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Social Media
- Laptop or Desktop Computer
- video conference hardware & software
- Office machines, other machines
Individual Contributor Competencies:
Service Oriented: Responds with a sense of urgency to meet the needs of customers, employees, and suppliers.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely (both written and verbally).
Integrity: Establishes trust and deals with issues directly.
Results Oriented: Effective in the planning, prioritization, and timely execution of work
Self Management and Development: Takes personal responsibility for own growth and development
Teamwork: Modifies personal style, focusing on the needs of others, and listening effectively to achieve a common goal
Change: Embraces and creates change
Business Acumen: Understands and applies business knowledge
Corporate FunctionsLearn More
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.