Talent Acquisition Specialist - West
1700 Cliveden Way Delta, BC V3M 6T2
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong and stable company? Do you want the opportunity for excellence and advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you!
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family business has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
We are seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service. Take a look at this video to learn more about who we are and what we do!
Recruits top quality candidates for hiring managers throughout the organization. Manages the recruitment process to include screening, interviewing, skills assessment, and candidate evaluation. Builds strong relationships with hiring managers to ensure the ability to influence, guide and drive the recruitment process. Coordinates the talent acquisition process with hiring managers throughout the organization. Post requisitions, screen candidates, set up interviews, debrief with interview teams, and advise on offer parameters. Maintains applicant tracking system in accordance with department procedures and government compliance requirements. This position will work remotely, based in the province of British Columbia.
- Manages the recruitment process for a functional area, working with the hiring manager on new and replacement requisitions
- Maintains ATS (applicant tracking system) to ensure compliance with company policies and government requirements.
- Prepares offer letters and may present offer to candidate
- Conducts new hire administration process to include receiving employee number, preparing and forwarding new hire paperwork.
- Manages workload using process metrics and KPIs including Time to Fill, Quality of Hire, Manager Feedback, Candidate Feedback, and others as identified to drive process and report progress. Maintains recruitment metrics including position control list, time-to-fill statistics, and turnover reporting and more.
Hiring Manager Guidance:
- Confirms specific needs/requirements and sets expectations for difficulty of search.
- Analyzes reports and uses relevant information to inform and influence leaders.
- Counsels hiring manager on offer parameters
- Educates internal customers on the recruiting and selection process through ongoing counsel and periodic training sessions to enhance staff management skills.
- Posts positions on various talent boards and sites
- Works with Talent Sourcing Specialist on hard to fill positions.
- Provides input to social media campaigns or posts as needed
Evaluation & Selection:
- Creates interview guides and evaluation tools for the hiring team.
- Evaluates resumes and applicants, and screens candidates utilizing defined recruitment methods to determine which candidates to move forward in the hiring process.
- Serves as the first point of contact for candidates, utilizing technology to ensure a consistent candidate experience.
- Conducts applicant screening interviews to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, salary requirements, and to provide information about Gordon Food Service (GFS) and positions.
- Coordinates and schedules interviews and debriefs with interview teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Action Orientation - Initiating Action, Energy
- Collaboration - Team Orientation, Networking
- Customer Engagement - (add definition)
- Communication - Clarity of Communication, Listening & Attending
- Interpersonal Effectiveness (add definition)
- Results Focus - Drive for Results
- Self Management - Time Management, Meeting Management, Organization and Attention to Detail
- Talent Management - Cultural Awareness, Selecting and Deploying Talent
- Knowledge of behavioral based interviewing techniques
- Bilingual in French/English considered an asset.
Equipment / Tools / Technology:
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer)
- Google Apps (Gmail, Chrome, Calendar, Docs, Forms, Slides, Sheets, Drive, Sites, Groups)
- Applicant Tracking software (iCIMS)
- Laptop or Desktop Computer
- Bachelor's Degree and one year of previous staffing experience or three years of prevoius staffing experience
Individual Contributor Competencies:
Service Oriented: Responds with a sense of urgency to meet the needs of customers, employees, and suppliers.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely (both written and verbally).
Integrity: Establishes trust and deals with issues directly.
Results Oriented: Effective in the planning, prioritization, and timely execution of work
Self Management and Development: Takes personal responsibility for own growth and development
Teamwork: Modifies personal style, focusing on the needs of others, and listening effectively to achieve a common goal
Change: Embraces and creates change
Business Acumen: Understands and applies business knowledge
Corporate FunctionsLearn More
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.