Summer Delivery Helper - Victoria, BC
1785 Mills Rd North Saanich, BC V8L 5S9
Are you a Student who is physically fit, enjoys delivering excellent customer service, and working with a great team? Are you looking for a seasonal position just for the summer? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you!
Summer Delivery Helper Position Highlights:
- Pay: $19.17 per hour
- Shifts: Day shift, 20 - 40 hours per week, including Saturdays.
- Contract: Starting beginning of May, finishing Labour Day
- Location: Victoria, BC
- Providing exceptional service to build and maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600 - 1000 cases/shift)
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- Following health and safety and safe work procedures
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 90 lbs)
- Strong communication and customer service skills with English fluency
- Previous manual labour experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature and road conditions
- Delivering outdoors in all seasonal weather
- Must be able to handle all types of food and beverage products including seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
|Job Category||Job Title||Work Location|
|Transportation||Local Truck Driver - Prince George, BC||
2111 Rutley Ave
|Transportation||Summer Delivery Helper - Port Alberni, BC||
4147 6th Ave
|Transportation||DZ Local Truck Driver - Milton, ON||
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Transportation||Summer Delivery Helper - Victoria, BC||
1785 Mills Rd
|Transportation||Summer Student Delivery Helper - Owen Sound, ON||
318029 Ontario 6
|Transportation||AZ Local Truck Driver - Ottawa, ON||
2105 Bantree Street
|Transportation||AZ Local Truck Driver - Aurora, ON||
3250 Lloydtown Aurora Road
|Transportation||G Class Delivery Driver (PM) - Milton, ON||
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Transportation||AZ Local Truck Driver - Sudbury||
10 Duhamel Road
|Transportation||Class 1A Delivery Driver - Winnipeg, MB||
310 Sterling Lyon Pkwy