Sr. HR Generalist
200 Salem Road North Ajax, ON L1Z 0T9
Gordon Food Service is the largest, privately held foodservice distributor in North America. The best restaurants and food service locations trust us to deliver their products promptly and safely every single day. Our family-owned company has a history of developing great people – and our people are what set us apart. Every person we hire is important and we are proud to have built the kind of company that both develops careers and creates lasting friendships.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Generalist, Human Resources
DIVISION: Gordon Food Service Ontario (Ajax)
Gordon Food Service is looking for a Senior Human Resource Generalist to oversee the Human Resources initiatives at their new Gordon Food Service Distribution Centre in Ajax. Our new 330,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art warehouse will support the distribution of foodservice products across Ontario using teamwork, automation, and other technologies to enhance product selection, sorting, and truck-loading. Reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager for Gordon Food Service Ontario, this position will work very closely with the Milton DC Human Resources team to ensure that established practices are implemented and followed.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full, Flex Benefits package
- Company matching RRSP
- Family culture and advancement opportunities
- Bachelor Degree - Human Resources, Business or a related field
- CHRP/CHRL or Post Secondary Degree preferred
- Five or more years of human resources generalist experience with advanced knowledge of employment law and regulatory agencies or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Previous people management preferred.
- Workday & Kronos experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performance Management and Employee Relations
- Support the Operations leadership team with all aspects of Performance Management and People Strategy
- Educates and consults leadership on the Performance Management process, understands and leverages the Talent Management Suite, coaches employees and managers on employee relations performance, practice or policy issues, promotes the open door policy.
- Responds to, investigates and determines course of action for complaints from GFS employees or others in regards to Gordon Food Service.
Learning and Development
- Educates and assists leaders on the GFS Leadership Development initiatives.
- Facilitates training and monitors required leadership training and development for completion and effectiveness.
- Utilizes TMS and LMS to manage learning and development activities.
Compensation, Benefits & Payroll
- Understands GFS compensation practices and policies and ensures leaders understand how to properly implement them.
- Assists with the process for annual compensation changes and bonus payouts.
- Plans and supports benefits enrollment processes as well as educating employees and leaders on GFS retirement plans, benefits and wellness initiatives.
- Supports Compensation planning and payroll through the use of our HRIS System; Workday
Diversity and Inclusion
- Understands and promotes GFS Diversity and Inclusion Vision and Guiding Principles
- Implements Diversity & Inclusion Communication, events and knowledge sharing
- Manages and/or supports the administration of Workers Compensation, short and long term disability.
Other Duties and Assignments
- Provides insights on how to interpret HR metrics such as turnover, new hires and diversity.
- May perform administrative functions related to general human resources responsibilities to include processing unemployment claims, managing the training database, entering new hires and others as required.
- Conducts exit interviews
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leads recruitment strategy for the Ajax Distribution Center
- Works closely with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure key roles are filled effectively
- Delivers interview skills training to managers.
- Supports Diversity and Inclusion initiatives related to the recruiting function
Service Oriented: Responds with a sense of urgency to meet the needs of customers, employees, and suppliers.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely (both written and verbally).
Integrity: Establishes trust and deals with issues directly.
Results Oriented: Effective in the planning, prioritization, and timely execution of work.
Self Management and Development: Takes personal responsibility for own growth and development.
Teamwork: Modifies personal style, focusing on the needs of others, and listening effectively to achieve a common goal.
Change: Embraces and creates change.
Business Acumen: Understands and applies business knowledge
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and problem solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of GFS culture, policies and employment-related laws, and regulations.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in the field
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbents assigned to this position. They are not to be constructed, as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This position profile may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor. Thank you for your interest in this position. Please note that not all applicants will be selected for an interview.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Corporate FunctionsLearn More
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
|Job Category||Job Title||Work Location|
|Human Resources||Senior Specialist, HR Compliance||
2999 JAMES SNOW PKWY N MILTON
|Human Resources||Bilingual Manager, Talent Acquisition||
550 Louis Pasteur
|Human Resources||Sr. HR Generalist||
200 Salem Road North
|Human Resources||Health and Safety Coordinator||
1700 Cliveden Way
|Human Resources||HR Coordinator||
1700 Cliveden Way