Seasonal Delivery Helper - Ottawa, ON
2105 Bantree Street Ottawa, ON K1B 4X3
Are you someone who is physically fit, enjoys delivering excellent customer service, and working with a great team? Are you looking for a full time seasonal position for the summer? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you!
Seasonal Delivery Helper Position Highlights:
- Pay: $16.80/hour + $2.00/hour bonus at the end of the summer for safety and attendance
- Overtime paid at time and a half after 40 hours/week
- Shifts: 4-5 days a week, 3-5AM start time, 10-12 hour shifts
- Contract: Starting ASAP, finishing Labour Day with potential for extension through the fall
- Location: Ottawa, ON
- Providing exceptional service to build and maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600 - 1000 cases/shift)
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- Following health and safety and safe work procedures
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 90 lbs)
- Strong communication and customer service skills with English fluency
- Previous manual labour experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature and road conditions
- Delivering outdoors in all seasonal weather
- Must be able to handle all types of food and beverage products including seafood, beef, pork, produce, wine, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
|Job Category||Job Title||Work Location|
|Transportation||Seasonal Delivery Helper - Chatham, ON||
400 National Road
|Transportation||Local Class 1 Truck Driver||
33 1/2 MacDonald Ave
|Transportation||AZ Local Truck Driver - Windsor||
2500 Airport Rd.
|Transportation||AZ Local Truck Driver - Ottawa, ON||
2105 Bantree Street
|Transportation||Seasonal Delivery Helper - London, ON||
79 Enterprise Drive South
|Transportation||AZ Local Truck Driver||
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Transportation||Seasonal Delivery Helper - Charlottetown, PEI||
76 W.B MacPhail Drive
|Transportation||G Class Delivery Driver (PM) - Milton, ON||
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Transportation||Seasonal Delivery Helper - Barrie, ON||
20 Elliot Avenue
|Transportation||AZ LTL Truck Driver - Sudbury, Ontario||
10 Duhamel Road