290212 Township Road 261 Rocky View County, AB T4A 0V6
Gordon Food Service is the largest, privately held foodservice distributor in North America. The best restaurants and food service locations trust us to deliver their products promptly and safely every single day. Our family-owned company has a history of developing great people – and our people are what set us apart. Every person we hire is important and we are proud to have built the kind of company that both develops careers and creates lasting friendships.
Interprets and implements customer pricing contracts, including various components of customer sell price, and investigates customer margin to maintain customer profitability. Upholds and increases pricing integrity for both internal and external customers. Note: This position may be based in Delta, BC; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; or Winnipeg, MB.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days of employment
- FULL flex benefits program
- Company matching RRSP
- Family culture
- Advancement opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- 125 year, family owned and operated company history
- Performs collection, retention, organization, and administration of customer/vendor contracts.
- Interprets and inputs customer markup pricing structure as negotiated by Corporate Account Managers
- Maintains pricing spreadsheets, deals, cost changes, by matching vendor item codes to GFS item codes.
- Interprets and edits vendor contract pricing/elements/discounts, etc., tender allowances into the system.
- Analyzes and verifies customer pricing and accuracy through internal and external audits.
- Analysis of margin specific to customer contract agreements, review items selling below cost and investigate specific scenarios to determine corrective action.
- Validates appropriate vendor pricing support and ensure contract pricing is maintained through the duration of the contract period.
- Collaborates with various teams to ensure accurate proprietary item contract costs to manage customer sell price.
- Maintains awareness of freight rates and actions necessary changes to pricing
- Monitors contract agreement and sales agreement expiration.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships.
- Collaborates with the Finance team to solve vendor credit/deduction and repayment issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Must be comfortable performing repetitive tasks.
- Highly motivated self starter with a focus on details and accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Must be a strategic thinker, inquisitive, innovative, and creative in order to build relationships, network, link resources and apply business practices
- Must have good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and develop solutions on a variety of complex business issues with the ability to balance customer needs within the framework of Gordon Food Service business practices
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of Foodservice industry and operations
- Ability to adapt to frequent technological and GFS proprietary application changes and program functions
- Ability to perform 10-key data entry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
|Job Category||Job Title||Work Location|
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Sales||District Sales Representative||
38610 Loggers Ln
|Sales||Inside Sales Representative - Healthcare||
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Sales||Inside Support Representative||
13511 163 Street NW
290212 Township Road 261
CA-AB-Rocky View County
|Sales||District Sales Representative - Yorkton, SK||
404-C Ball Rd
|Sales||District Sales Representative - Saskatoon, SK||
2412 Faithfull Avenue
4128 2nd Ave North