Outside Sales Representative
Thunder Bay, ON
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong and stable company? Do you want the opportunity for excellence and advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you.
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family business has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
We are seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service. Take a look at this video to learn more about who we are and what we do!
As a District Sales Representative (DSR), reporting to the District Sales Manager, you will have the opportunity to put your consultative sales expertise, customer service and business development skills to use as you establish a territory of independent food service accounts.
- Proactively identify and acquire high quality, long-term, independent food service customers
- Collaborate with customers to solve problems, grow territory profitability and facilitate customer ordering, credit payments and product orders
- Maintain close contact with customers to determine their needs and ensure their satisfaction
- Evaluate territory sales/contracts and track budgets and business plans
- Promote new products and analyze marketplace trends to identify opportunities and enhance profitability
- Assist with the identification of product line targets for accounts
- Present to customers and potential customers to facilitate the buying process and promote Company products and services
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education, Skills & Competencies:
- Post secondary education (Bachelor degree in Sales, Marketing, or other related field ) is preferred
- Several years experience in food service sales and management
- Experienced with sales and negotiation principles and procedures
- Strong leadership skills including working with a variety of people at all levels of business
- Excellent and professional presentation skills
- Well-developed communication skills both written and verbal
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Google Applications
- Strong business acumen-Knowledgeable in current and future practices, trends and information affecting food service customers
- Proven ability to exceed goals and drive results
- Must be self motivated
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation structure
- Company flex benefits for you and your family
- Company RRSP with matching DPSP
- Sales incentives and contests
- Family owned company
- Employee recognition programs
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
|Job Category||Job Title||Work Location|
|Sales||District Sales Representative - Downtown Victoria||
1700 Cliveden Way
|Sales||Regional Multi-Unit Coordinator (Temporary)||
1700 Cliveden Way
|Sales||Regional Multi-Unit Account Manager||
1700 Cliveden Way
|Sales||Outside Sales Representative||
|Sales||Outside Sales Associate||
13511 163 Street NW
|Sales||District Sales Associate||
440 Henderson Dr
|Sales||Inside Sales Representative||
13511 163 Street NW
|Sales||District Sales Representative - Saskatoon, SK||
2412 Faithfull Avenue