Local Truck Driver - Day Shift
290212 Township Road 261 Rocky View County, AB T4A 0V6
Are you a Class 1 Driver who is physically fit, enjoys delivering excellent customer service, and working with a great team? Do you like being able to come home at the end of your shift and are you ready for a new challenge? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you!
Class 1 Position Highlights:
- Day shift: Monday - Saturday; 4 x 10 hour shifts (start times between 4 AM and 9 AM)
- Competitive hourly rate for first 3 months - $24.80/hour
- Pay for performance incentive program after 3 months
- 4 day work week with overtime opportunities (if applicable)
- FULL flex benefits program and company matching RRSP
- Local routes --> guaranteed to be home every day!
- Family culture and advancement opportunities
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Required:
- Valid Class 1/AZ driver’s license with a clean commercial driver’s abstract
- Physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 80 lbs)
- Strong communication and customer service skills with English fluency
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature and road conditions
- Providing exceptional service to build and maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600 - 1000 cases/shift)
- Operating straight trucks or trailers safely and professionally to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban and rural routes
- Conducting routine pre/post-trip truck inspections and maintaining accurate records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets and incident reporting
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- Following health and safety and safe work procedures
We're a company with integrity at its core. We believe in treating each other with respect and working as a team to get things done right. And because of this collaboration, we've created an atmosphere that's fun, supportive, and alive with energy!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next step will be contacted.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
|Job Category||Job Title||Work Location|
|Transportation||Seasonal Delivery Helper - Chatham, ON||
400 National Road
|Transportation||Local Class 1 Truck Driver||
33 1/2 MacDonald Ave
|Transportation||AZ Local Truck Driver - Windsor||
2500 Airport Rd.
|Transportation||AZ Local Truck Driver - Ottawa, ON||
2105 Bantree Street
|Transportation||Seasonal Delivery Helper - London, ON||
79 Enterprise Drive South
|Transportation||AZ Local Truck Driver||
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Transportation||Seasonal Delivery Helper - Charlottetown, PEI||
76 W.B MacPhail Drive
|Transportation||G Class Delivery Driver (PM) - Milton, ON||
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Transportation||Seasonal Delivery Helper - Barrie, ON||
20 Elliot Avenue
|Transportation||AZ LTL Truck Driver - Sudbury, Ontario||
10 Duhamel Road