District Sales Representative - Saskatoon, SK
2412 Faithfull Avenue Saskatoon, SK S7K 4A6
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong and stable company? Do you want the opportunity for excellence and advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you.
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family business has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
We are seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service. Take a look at this video to learn more about who we are and what we do!
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days of employment
- FULL flex benefits program
- Company matching RRSP
- Family culture
- Advancement opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- 125 year, family owned and operated company history
Constantly seeking opportunities for growth, you will bring new customers to Gordon Food Service as well as grow the customers you already have. You will lead with curiosity, consulting with customers and prospects to understand what is most important to them, where their challenges are and identify solutions to help them achieve their goals, improving their overall profitability. You will be responsible for the profitability of your overall territory, maximizing the tools that Gordon Food Service provides you, to exceed your customer's expectations of service, quality and partnership. Your activities will include, but not be limited to, facilitating customers orders, delivery interaction between customers and Gordon Food Service, as well staying current on industry trends to ensure you are a subject matter expert in your field.
This position will service the Saskatoon area.
- Travel through assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to maintain, seek growth opportunities and increase profitable sales volume while managing multiple varied customer accounts. Annual growth in sales and margin is an expectation.
- Act as a business partner to customer accounts, with a focus on helping the customer increase their business, providing customer menu solutions as needed, utilizing internal Product Specialists and Culinary Advisors.
- Promote new products and marketplace trends to new and existing customers.
- Respond to customer concerns with urgency.
- Maintain current customer records and profiles through leveraging the CRM tool daily.
- Review territory reports to evaluate progress and sales volume by tracking budgets and business plans as well as identifying product line targets for accounts, to consistently increase volume and profitability.
- Liaise with your District Sales Manager (DSM) to ensure consistency of customer contracts and opportunities that exist to increase business through selling to the contract. Carry out all other responsibilities as required by the DSM.
- Liaise with Customer Support Center, Marketing, Warehouse, and Transportation as required to ensure customer satisfaction with all products and services.
- Help to keep customers current to their given terms, working with the Credit Department through all accounts payable scenarios.
- Live the Gordon Food Service Cornerstone Values, represent GFS in the community aligned with the Cornerstone Values and effectively communicate the mission and story of the organization.
- This position requires attention to detail, accuracy, and a focus on delivering results that positively impact the business
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and drives results
- Strong leadership skills including working with a variety of people at all levels of the business
- Must have strong sales communication skills, which include verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Must have own vehicle and $2 million in liability insurance
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Well–developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be dependable, accurate, aggressive and focus driven
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Customer is King mentality
- Excellent computer skills including Google G-Suite
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 with High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing preferred
- Several years’ experience in food services sales and management would be a definite asset as well as experience with Sales and Negotiation principles and procedures.
Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
|Job Category||Job Title||Work Location|
|Sales||Inside Support Representative||
13511 163 Street NW
290212 Township Road 261
CA-AB-Rocky View County
|Sales||District Sales Representative - Yorkton, SK||
404-C Ball Rd
|Sales||District Sales Representative - Saskatoon, SK||
2412 Faithfull Avenue
4128 2nd Ave North
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Sales||District Sales Representative||
38610 Loggers Ln
|Sales||Inside Sales Representative - Healthcare||
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton