District Sales Representative (DSR) - Nanaimo/Qualicum/Parksville
1700 CLIVEDEN AVE DELTA, BC V3M 6T2
We're a company with integrity at its core. We believe in treating each other with respect and working as a team to get things done right. And because of this collaboration, we've created an atmosphere that's fun, supportive, and alive with energy!
At Gordon Food Service British Columbia Division Ltd., our continued focus on quality and exceptional service has made us one of Canada’s largest food service distributors for over 40 years. Based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan and founded in 1897 Gordon Food Service is a successful, family-oriented company. We are proud to offer our employees career advancement with training and comprehensive benefits.
Facilitates order and delivery interaction between foodservice customers and Gordon Food Service. Seeks growth opportunities in existing customers and brings new customers to GFS. Consults to improve customer profitability. Represents GFS products and services for assigned territory and manages customer business relationships. This position will service the areas of Nanaimo, Qualicum, and Parksville, BC, and the successful applicant must reside in this area.
Essential Functions (Duties):
- Travel through assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to maintain, seek growth opportunities and increase profitable sales volume while managing multiple varied customer accounts. Annual growth in sales and margin is an expectation.
- Act as a business partner to customer accounts, with a focus on helping the customer increase their business.
- Provide customer menu solutions as needed; utilize internal Product Specialists and Culinary Advisor.
- Promote new products and market place trends to new and existing customers
- Respond to customer concerns with urgency
- Maintain current customer records and profiles
- Review reports generated by company on individual territory to evaluate progress and sales volume by tracking budgets and business plans, etc.
- Liaise with District Sales Manager (DSM) to ensure consistency of customer contracts
- Works with the DSM to identify product line targets for accounts and increase volume and profitability where possible. This includes following our Customer Review process.
- Liaise with Customer Support Center, Marketing, Warehouse, and Transportation as required to ensure customer satisfactions with all products and services
- Keep customers current on their accounts receivable and work with our Credit Department for customer accounts payable issues
- Carry out all other responsibilities as required by the DSM
- Effectively express and service the GFS story
- Live the GFS Cornerstone Values
- Dress Professional in all business aspects
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Key Drivers (Champion):
- Route Coverage
- New Business
- Sales Presentation
- Promote GFS Brand
Essential Physical and Mental Requirements:
- This position requires attention to detail, accuracy, and a focus on delivering results that positively impact the business.
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and drives results
- Strong leadership skills including working with a variety of people at all levels of the business
- Must have strong Sales communication skills, which include verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Must also be fluent in conversational English.
- Must have own vehicle, and $2 million in liability insurance
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Well–developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be dependable, accurate, aggressive and focus driven
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Customer is King mentality
- Excellent computer skills including Google G-Suite
- Minimum Grade 12 with High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing
- Several years’ experience in food services sales and management would be a definite asset
- Experienced with Sales and Negotiation principles and procedures
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
|Job Category||Job Title||Work Location|
|Sales||District Sales Representative (DSR) - Nanaimo/Qualicum/Parksville||
1700 CLIVEDEN AVE
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton
|Sales||Trainer Sales (Based in Mtl or Qc)||
550 Louis Pasteur