District Sales Associate
2105 Bantree Street Ottawa, ON K1B 4X3
Gordon Food Service is the largest, privately held foodservice distributor in North America. The best restaurants and food service locations trust us to deliver their products promptly and safely every single day. Our family-owned company has a history of developing great people – and our people are what set us apart. Every person we hire is important and we are proud to have built the kind of company that both develops careers and creates lasting friendships.
The DSA supports Sales Representatives with the following: Facilitating order and delivery interaction between foodservice customers and Gordon Food Service. Seeking growth opportunities in existing customers and bringing new customers to GFS. Consult to improve customer profitability. Represent GFS products and services for assigned territory and manage customer business relationship.
- Minimum Grade 12 with High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing an asset
- Several years of experience in food services sales and management would be a definite asset
- Experienced with Sales and Negotiation principles and procedures
- Previous restaurant experience would be considered an asset
Key Drivers (Champion):
- Route Coverage
- New Business
- Sales Presentation
- Salary position with an additional Sales Commission Incentive – criteria set forth by the District Manager (DSM)
Essential Functions (Duties):
- Travel through assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to maintain, seek growth opportunities and increase profitable sales volume while managing multiple varied customer accounts. Annual growth in sales and margin is an expectation.
- Promote new products and market place trends to new and existing customers
- Respond to customer concerns with urgency
- Maintain current customer records and profiles
- Review reports generated by company on individual territory to evaluate progress and sales volume by tracking budgets and business plans, etc.
- Liaise with District Sales Manager (DSM) to ensure consistency of contracts on customers
- Work with the DSM to identify product line targets for accounts and increase volume and profitability where possible. This includes following our Customer Review process.
- Liaise with Customer Support Center, Marketing, Warehouse and Transportation as required to ensure customer satisfactions with all products and services
- Keep customers current on their accounts receivable and work with our Credit Department with customer accounts payable issues
- Carry out all other responsibilities as required by the DSM
- Effectively express and service the GFS story
- Live the GFS Cornerstone Values
- Dress professional in all business aspects
- Other duties as assigned by DSM
- Hours worked are those necessary to service the customer which could include weekends, nights or holiday coverage
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- This position requires attention to detail, accuracy, and a focus on delivering results that positively impact the business.
- Strong leadership skills including working with a variety of people at all levels of the business
- Must have strong Sales communication skills, which include verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Must also be fluent in conversational English.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Well–developed communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be dependable, accurate, assertive, and focus driven
Watch these videos for even more information about Gordon Food Service!
Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
|Job Category||Job Title||Work Location|
|Sales||Inside Support Representative||
1700 Cliveden Way
|Sales||Sales Professional - South Shore, NS||
33 1/2 MacDonald Ave
|Sales||Bilingual Registered Dietitian||
2105 Bantree Street
|Sales||District Sales Associate||
2105 Bantree Street