Customer Care Representative
2999 JAMES SNOW PKWY N MILTON MILTON, ON L9T 5G4
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong and stable company? Do you want the opportunity for excellence and advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you.
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family business has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
We are seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service. Take a look at these videos to learn more about who we are and what we do!
Customer Care Representative Position Summary:
Provides friendly and efficient customer service, order processing and delivery support to customers of Gordon Food Service via phone, email, SMS, and chat. This role will focus on assisting customers with their day to day inquiries to ensure their needs are being met. Promotes and utilizes E-Commerce technologies
Shift: Thursday - Monday 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Location: Flexible as this role be performed remotely
- Maintain current knowledge of business processes within divisions and distribution centers to assist District Sales Representatives and customers
- May mentor new Customer Care Generalists and attend ongoing training sessions
- Arranges exception deliveries in collaboration with Transportation departments, 3rd party order/delivery systems, UPS or any other delivery services aligned with Gordon Food Service
- Determine appropriate credits for customers. Assists with Invoice and Credit Memo inquiries as well as processes appropriate credits for customers as needed
- Supports Recalls Communication Management, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide an exceptional first impression and comfortable, efficient and reliable customer service, order entry and issue resolution.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope. Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Highly motivated self starter with a focus on details and accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Must be a strategic thinker, inquisitive, innovative, and creative in order to problem solve, build relationships, network, link resources and apply business practices
- Must have good customer service and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of Foodservice industry and operations
- Ability to adapt to frequent technological and GFS proprietary application changes and program functions
- Ability to perform 10-key data entry
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
Corporate FunctionsLearn More
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Working HereLearn More
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.