Inside Sales Representative - Healthcare
2999 James Snow Pkwy N Milton Milton, ON L9T 5G4
Gordon Food Service is the largest, privately held foodservice distributor in North America. The best restaurants and food service locations trust us to deliver their products promptly and safely every single day. Our family-owned company has a history of developing great people – and our people are what set us apart. Every person we hire is important and we are proud to have built the kind of company that both develops careers and creates lasting friendships.
The person in this position develops sales opportunities and ensures excellent service to their regular customers in the healthcare sector. Works in collaboration with health care sales specialists by being involved in activities promoting sales growth and profitability, within established parameters.
Location: This role is remote and the successful candidate can be located anywhere across Eastern Canada.
Individual Contributor Competencies:
Service Oriented: Responds with a sense of urgency to meet the needs of customers, employees, and suppliers.
Communication: Express thoughts clearly and concisely (both written and verbally).
Integrity: Establishes trust and deals with issues directly.
Results Oriented: Effective in the planning, prioritization, and timely execution of work
Self Management and Development: Takes personal responsibility for own growth and development
Teamwork: Modifies personal style, focusing on the needs of others, and listening effectively to achieve a common goal
Change: Embraces and creates change
Business Acumen: Understands and applies business knowledge
- Responsible for obtaining customer orders, while promoting electronic tools, such as Gordon Ordering.
- Maintain close collaboration with specific HC Sales Specialists; analyze business opportunity reports and make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop sales opportunities with existing customers and advise them of the choices available from all product categories; coordinate customer visits by sales specialists, product specialists and/or vendors. Use CRM to follow up on opportunities
- Respond to requests and provide solutions to customer service situations; propose, when required, substitute products, in order to adequately meet the customer's needs.
- Inform customers about promotions, and product specifications, and assist them with GPO compliance. They would discuss changes to account status (delivery and holiday schedules, product availability and prices, recalls, etc.).
- Follow up on credits, B.O., pick-up orders, products on special orders, samples and "just-in-time" as well as for recalls.
- Perform the required follow-ups with all departments (transportation (late-truck), procurement, etc.) in order to ensure excellent customer service and optimize the CEI.
- Work in collaboration with other inside sales colleagues to provide fast and efficient service.
- Participate in the training and activities within the department.
- Assume any other responsibility or related tasks, at the request of the regional sales manager
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Sales development skills, be results-oriented and motivated by the achievement of objectives;
- Knowledge of all product categories, as well as experience in the restaurant and food service sectors are important assets;
- Ability to work with several computer systems;
- Positive attitude, proactive and dynamic, good resistance to pressure;
- Collaborative spirit, focused on teamwork;
- Strong communication skills and innate sense of customer service;
- Good sense of analysis and initiative; ability to solve problems.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
SalesTRAVAILLER CHEZ NOUS
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
TRAVAILLER CHEZ NOUSTRAVAILLER CHEZ NOUS
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.